– Online at www.leapcard.ie
– At Leap Card agents
– At Luas Ticket Machines
– At DART and Commuter Rail Ticket Machines in the Short Hop Zone
You can buy a Leap Card online at www.leapcard.ie
Leap Card agents
There are over 400 Leap Card agent shops around Dublin where you can:
– Buy a Leap Card
– Top-Up your Leap Card
– Collect Travel Credit purchased online (if you nominated the agent network as your collection point).
Go to www.payzone.ie to find the closest agent to you.
– Once you register your card you don't need to complete an online form for every online Top-Up
– You can view your card history online
– You can manage additional Leap Cards through your account (e.g. your child's Leap Card)
- Place the card in the pocket provided.
- Select the Top-Up amount from options shown on the screen.
- Insert the amount selected - notes/coins/credit or debit cards accepted.
- Remove the Leap Card from the pocket as indicated on screen.
Your Leap Card is now Topped-Up and ready for immediate use.
Leap Cards can also be Topped-Up online:
- Go to www.leapcard.ie
- Click 'Top-Up'.
- Enter your card number.
- Select Top-Up amount and load location.
- Make your payment by credit/debit card.
- Collect your Top-Up at your nominated Load Location.
– Dublin Bus
– DART and Commuter Rail
Your Leap Card can be used for travel on all Dublin Bus services, including Airlink, Xpresso and Nitelink.
DART and Commuter Rail
Your Leap Card can be used for rail travel between stations within the 'Short Hop Zone'. This Zone includes all stations in the Dublin area from Greystones to Balbriggan and commuter Stations from Dublin City Centre to Maynooth and from Dublin Heuston to Hazelhatch.
Leap Card can be used for travel on all Luas services.
1. Incorrect positioning of the Leap Card
If the Leap Card is not placed against the 'target' on the validator, it will not be read.
Ensure that the card is held steadily against the 'target' on the validator for at least a second.
Do not wave the card over the validator. Just hold it there until the beep.
On DART and Commuter Rail, do not put the Leap Card into the horizontal paper ticket slot on a gate.
2. Other smart card interference
Remove the Leap Card from your wallet or bag before using it. Other cards you may have in your wallet or bag can cause interference with your Leap Card, which will make it inoperable.
If you believe you did Touch-Off or if you believe there was a problem with the system on the day you travelled, then call customer care at 1850 824 824 and we’ll investigate the issue.