About Leap Card
Information about Leap Card savings & benefits
Leap Card can be topped up and used to pay-as-you-go for Dublin Bus, Luas, DART/Commuter Rail services in Dublin. Recently, Bus Éireann (adult only) services around Dublin, as well as some Matthews coaches, Swords Express and Wexford Bus services became Leap enabled.
Leap Card Savings
Using a Leap Card is normally considerably cheaper than buying individual cash tickets. You can save as much as 23% on some public transport journeys with a Leap Card. You can visit the dedicated Leap Card website to check Leap Card fares.
Leap Card Types
– There are 4 different Leap Card categories:
– Adult Leap Cards for people aged 16+
– Child personalised Leap Cards for children aged 12-15 inclusive
– Child Leap Card for children under 12
– Student Travelcard for student is full time education
Getting a Leap Card
You can get your card today at one of over 400 shops in Dublin or you can buy yours online at the dedicated Leap Card website. Leap Card charges a €5 deposit (or €3 for child cards) and you can top up your card by up to €150.