Kids Go Free With TFI Leap Card
Kids Go Free is now ended and child fares are back to normal.
Thanks to the TFI Leap Card Kids Go Free promotion, thousands of children and young adults have been able to travel for free to many of Ireland’s fantastic summer events and festivals. Over 1.8 million trips were taken on the TFI Network as part of the promotion between the 1st to the 28th July 2019.
From Monday 1st to Sunday 28th July 2019 (inclusive), Child Leap Card holders traveled free on the below TFI Leap Card enabled services. So long as there was at least 1 cent Travel Credit on the card, any Child Leap Card (5-15 or 16-18) could be used to get free travel. You could simply use your Child Leap Card as normal and not be charged.
Kids Go Free services included:
- All Dublin Bus scheduled services (excluding Airlink and Nitelink)
- All Go-Ahead Ireland scheduled services
- All Luas services
- All DART services
- Route 139 Naas to Blanchardstown
- All Commuter Rail services in Dublin’s “Short Hop Zone” and on the Cork to Cobh/Midleton train lines
- On all Public Service Obligation (PSO) services operated by Bus Éireann where TFI Leap Card Validators are available. This includes Bus Éireann Services in Cork city, Limerick city, Galway city, Waterford city, Sligo and Athlone towns and Bus Éireann services in Dublin and surrounding counties (Excluding Expressway).
- Kids could also travel free on Local Link services throughout July (Child Leap Card not required for local link services).
Public Transport users who are 18 or under and haven’t got a Child Leap Card could still save money by ordering a Child Leap Card online or dropping in to any one of the 650 Payzone agents across the country.
Visit the TFI Leap Card website for more information on how to get a Child Leap Card.