A DAY WITHOUT FATALITIES ON EUROPE’S ROADS?
Transport For Ireland encourages Irish road users to log-on and take the Project EDWARD pledge. Project EDWARD allows members of the public to sign up to pledge their support for this road safety initiative. Launched in 2016, the project is supported by drivers across the continent, plus very generous public and private sector partners. The project’s long-term aim is to spearhead significant and sustained reduction in death and serious injury on roads across the world.
The pledge contains road safety commitments such as:
- Remind family, friends and colleagues to take extra care on the roads.
- Drive as safely as I can and follow the rules when behind the wheel or riding a motorbike or bicycle.
- Be extra vigilant and attentive to the needs of pedestrians, cyclists, children, older people and horse riders.
- Drive at speeds that are both legal and safe.
- Always wear my seat belt and ensure that everyone with me wears theirs.
2018’s day of action is Wednesday, 19th of September.
For more information visit projectedward.eu.