The National Transport Authority (referred to as National Transport Authority, NTA, we, us or our) endeavours to provide users of the Driver Check application (hereafter Driver Check app) with an excellent service. Our Terms and Conditions of Use are set out below. Please take time to read and understand them. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions of Use, please uninstall the Driver Check app.
- The Driver Check app is owned and operated by NTA, which expression also includes, where the context requires, our third party suppliers and any other party involved with the provision or maintenance of this app.
- NTA is a statutory body, established on 1 December 2009.
- This app has been designed to comply with the laws of Ireland. Use of this app is subject to the laws of Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland), which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of these Terms and Conditions of Use. The courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of, or in connection with this app and its use.
- Though the NTA has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy, currency, availability, security, correctness and completeness of the information contained on the Driver Check app, the information is provided on an as is, with all faults and as available basis.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, NTA disclaims all warranties, conditions and terms of every kind (excepting duties of good faith), whether express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of quality, fitness for particular purpose, title, quiet enjoyment or non-infringement of intellectual property rights.
- NTA shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever arising as a result of your use of or reliance on this information, whether authorised or not, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if NTA has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. NTA’s liability in respect of direct loss or damage, howsoever arising, as a result of your use of or reliance on this information, whether authorised or not, shall be limited to NTA correction or replacement of the information. The statutory rights of users dealing with NTA as consumers shall remain unaffected by these terms and conditions of use.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use shall be held unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason then such provision shall be deemed severed and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- The Driver Check app is available to any person with an Apple ID or Android ID registered in the Republic of Ireland. The app cannot be downloaded from international app stores.
- The content appearing on the Driver Check app is provided in accordance with and subject to the laws of Ireland. Use of the Driver Check app is intended in this jurisdiction only. If you endeavor to use the Driver Check app outside of this jurisdiction will fall to be addressed in accordance with the laws of the other jurisdiction.
- All logos and emblems referred to on this app, whether or not appearing in large print or with the TM or trademark symbol (the Marks), are trademarks, service marks, or trade names of NTA. All rights in the Marks are reserved and no licence or right to use is granted to Users. In addition, the use or misuse of Marks is expressly prohibited.
- There is no registration process for use of the Driver Check app. NTA does not collect personal data from users before allowing them to use the Driver Check app.
- The Driver Check app is only to be used by persons over 16 years of age.
- The Driver Check app does collect some usage data to allow NTA collate and analyse certain statistical information. When you download and use the app, the following information is retained about that usage: search logs.
- Search logs: for every search made, a log will be captured in the database containing the search term inputted and the time and date the search was completed.
- NTA may use the search log information collected for security purposes, for fraud prevention, investigation and detection, or for the detection and investigation of potential breaches.
- The usage data collected, as outlined above, is not shared with any authorised third parties.
- The usage data collected, as outlined above, is retained only for statistical purposes.
These Terms and Conditions of Use contain the entire agreement between the parties relating to your use of this App