Use our Apps to Plan your Journey around Ireland
Make your travel around Ireland even easier by downloading the TFI Journey Planner App to figure out the most convenient way to get wherever you want to go. It gives you all the options and you can choose whatever transport mode you prefer, from train, bus, tram, ferry and taxi. The Journey Planner will get you door-to-door. Download the app and plan your journey now.
Once you have decided on your route, you can use our TFI Real Time Information App so you know exactly when your bus, train or tram service is due. You can set alerts to remind you so you never miss your connection and it will even tell you when you are approaching your stop. It gives real time departure information for Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, Go-Ahead Ireland, DART, Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail and Luas services.
The TFI Leap Visitor Card is the most convenient public transport ticket available for tourists and visitors to Dublin. You get unlimited travel over your selected time period and you can go anywhere you want in the city and suburbs of Dublin, on any public transport you choose. You can even travel to and from the Airport at the start and end of your trip without any additional charge.
Transport services in Dublin
- Airlink 747 & 757 are frequent direct bus services from Dublin Airport (T1 and T2) to the City Centre and main transport hubs.
- Dublin Bus is the biggest public transport provider in the Greater Dublin Area operating over 136 routes. Normal services run from 5.00am until midnight.
- Go-Ahead Ireland operate routes in Outer Dublin Metropolitan area on behalf of Transport for Ireland. For a full list of routes and timetables, please visit their website.
- Luas is Dublin’s tram service, operating two lines. The Luas Red Line links Tallaght / Saggart to Connolly / The Point. The Luas Green Line links Brides Glen / Sandyford to St. Stephen’s Green.
- DART is a rail line that runs regularly along the coast from Malahide or Howth in North Co. Dublin southwards through the city centre and as far as Greystones, Co. Wicklow.
- Commuter Rail operates on two lines. One is from Connolly Station in the city to Kilcock. The other is from Heuston Station to Sallins.
- Commercial Bus Operators run a number of services in the Greater Dublin Area, see list and links below.
Transport services around Ireland
- Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail: Ireland’s national train operator, runs city and commuter services in Dublin and Cork, as well as intercity services throughout Ireland.
- Bus Éireann: Ireland’s national Bus operator, runs town and commuter services as well as intercity services throughout Ireland.
- Commercial Bus Operators: There are also a large number of licenced private bus services operating both city and intercity services throughout the island of Ireland.
Some of the bigger commercial bus operators are listed below though the list is not exhaustive:
Aircoach JJ Kavanagh & Sons Swords Express Finnegan Bray Matthews Collins Coaches Wexford Bus City Direct City Link
If you have a privately held bus licence and would like your information to be included here please contact us.